Conditions of Use
By accessing the ‘My Place for Teachers’ website forum (the Forum), the user (You) agree to the following conditions of use. If You do not agree to these conditions of use, You are not authorised to access and/or use the Forum.
The Australian Children’s Television Foundation and Education Services Australia Ltd (Education Services Australia) may review posts created by You and material uploaded by You on the Forum and reserves the right to:
- terminate Your access to the Forum.
The material that You upload to the Forum may be in the form of text, images, illustrations, photographs or sounds. The Australian Children’s Television Foundation and Education Services Australia are neither responsible nor liable for material uploaded by You. Only You are responsible for Your material and the consequences of including it in the Forum or otherwise using it.
Material that You upload to the Forum may be owned by someone else. If You did not create or do no own material that You upload to the Forum, it is important that You have obtained appropriate permission to upload such material. If You are in doubt about the ownership of material, You should not upload it to the Forum.
You promise that You will comply with all applicable laws and will not use the Forum for a purpose prohibited by these conditions of use including for any unlawful purpose.
For example, You agree not to:
- publish on the Forum material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent or offensive, for example material which offends or threatens someone;
- upload, post, or otherwise make available any material to the Forum that You are not permitted to make available or which contains viruses or other computer code , files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functions of other computer software or hardware;
- use the Forum in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Forum or interfere with any other party’s contribution to or use and enjoyment of the Forum;
- obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Forum;
- breach any privacy law for example uploading images of individuals where they are able to identified without their permission or in the case of students, without the permission of the relevant student’s parent or guardian; or
- use the Forum for any purpose other than non commercial educational purposes.
The Forum is provided to You, on an “as is” and “as available basis” and You use it at Your own risk. To the extent lawful, the Australian Children’s Television Foundation and Education Services Australia make no representation or warranty (promise) as to the suitability or compatibility of the Forum to any computer system, or that the Forum is free of error, defect, virus or other harmful element or fit for the purpose You intend to use it. The Australian Children’s Television Foundation and Education Services Australia will not be responsible for any loss, damage, liability or expense suffered by You or anyone else arising from Your use, or inability to use, the Forum.