My Place

Our place forum

username:
password:
| lost password | register

Home » Where to start » Registering for access and using the forum

19/03/2010 10:25:01 AM

Administrator
You must register with the forum if you want to add posts or upload information.

To register with the forum, click the 'Register' button located in the top right-hand corner of the screen. If you agree to the terms and conditions in the site, click 'I agree to these terms' to continue registration. Now fill in the following details:

Username: This can be anything, but your name is always a good choice as a default.
Email: Your e-mail address. This will not be published anywhere on the site.
Password: A secret word you will use for logging into the forum.
School: The school you teach/learn at. This field is optional.
Interests: Your specific interests in the Our place forum. This field is optional.

You'll then need to enter a number shown on the screen- this is to make sure you are not a robot!

Once you've registered you'll be sent an e-mail asking you to activate your account.

After you've clicked the link within this e-mail you will be an active user and you will be able to add new posts and upload content and files to the forum.

To add a new post, go into the forum you'd like to add to ('My Place in the classroom' is a great place to start) and click the 'New topic' button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.

Enter some text for your post in the Message field.

If your post relates to a specific location within Australia, it can be tagged and added to the Our place story map.
To tag your post, simply click on the globe icon within the form and follow the instructions within the Location finder.
Once you have tagged and submitted your post, the Our place moderator will add it to the story map.

If you want to attach any files, click the 'Attach file' link within the form (you can attach any files up to 8MB in size).

If you have any questions about how to use the forum, post them here and the Moderator will respond to your query as soon as possible.

For your reference, attached is a PDF containing a copy of these instruction with associated screenshots.
edited by Moderator on 23/03/2010
edited by gramsay on 18/06/2010
edited by gramsay on 18/06/2010

Attachment(s):
Register.pdf
permalink • reply with quote
9/12/2011 9:39:45 PM

Brianjohnson07
Your information is really interesting for me .

edited by Brianjohnson07 on 9/12/2011

--
SEO Services Australia | SEO Melbourne | SEO Australia

permalink • reply with quote

Home » Where to start » Registering for access and using the forum

Australian Childrens Television Foundation Education Services Australia The Learning Federation