Our place forum

username:
password:
| lost password | register

Home » What’s On? » 2010 Kids Kahootz Challenge, My Place - April 30th

9/04/2010 2:23:04 PM

Ed Projects Officer
Administrator
The 2010 Kids Kahootz Challenge is open to all innovative and creative students in Victoria, aged 10-13, who love to use Kahootz 3 to create movies, games and digital stories. This year’s challenge is set for Friday April 30!

This year the Kids Kahootz Challenge requires students to create an animated response to Nadia Wheatley’s My Place using the renowned Kahootz 3.0, 3-D digital authoring software. Kahootz 3.0 allows students to easily create, explore and invent in 3D. Children aged 7-15 can create amazing 3D scenes combining Kahootz characters, animals and buildings with enhanced animation, soundtracks, their own voice-over and special visual effects.

Selected students are invited to undergo one full day of training in storyboarding, green screen and game making at the Australian Centre of the Moving Image (ACMI), Federation Square, before working independently or in a group to create 3-D responses to the challenge.

Each participant is rewarded with great prizes donated by Dataworks and the ACTF. As the attending teacher your school will receive the sought after DVD set of “My Place the series” as well as the Teachers' Guide DVD-ROM.

If you want more information or are interested in nominating your students for this exciting and satisfying experience, contact Louise Bowe, E-learning, DEECD (03) 9637 2172 or email: bowe.louise.f@edumail.vic.gov.au@edumail.vic.gov.au
edited by Anna Kamasz on 9/04/2010

permalink • reply with quote
15/06/2011 1:47:33 PM

Simone
This sounds like a great challenge! Was there one for 2011?

15/06/2011 1:57:30 PM

Ed Projects Officer
Administrator
Simone wrote:
This sounds like a great challenge! Was there one for 2011?

Thanks Simone. This has been a great event, enjoyed by all schools who have been fortunate enough to participate. Unfortunately we have been unable to host a challenge since the latest, held in November 2010, but be sure to watch this space for information about any new challenges or programs in 2011/12!

Home » What’s On? » 2010 Kids Kahootz Challenge, My Place - April 30th

Australian Childrens Television Foundation Education Services Australia The Learning Federation