Our place forum

username:
password:
| lost password | register

Home » What’s On? » Blast! 2011: My Place Pre-conference Workshop

6/06/2011 3:08:41 PM

Ed Projects Officer
Administrator
With ACARA introducing History as a learning area, many schools are now looking for engaging and creative ways to support students to develop an understanding of events and people that are significant to Australia’s history. The My Place series is the perfect place to start. When used in collaboration with the My Place website and interactive media collection, the episodes in My Place become a rich stimulus for learning and reflecting on Australian History. The key themes of the first series explore how family, community, living and technology has changed over the past few centuries.

In this workshop, participants will be taken on a guided tour of My Place by the ACTF team. For more information about this event, visit the conference website.

Location specific post: view location

permalink • reply with quote
9/06/2011 1:41:05 PM

Barbm
So.. I saw this resource at last years Blast conference and thought I'd like to find out more. I didn't manage to find time to explore myself last year so joined this workshop this year. I'm so glad I did. There is so much depth in the resource and so much potential to be useful across the 4-7 yr levels. WOW!
edited by Barbm on 9/06/2011

9/06/2011 1:52:11 PM

JacquiPool
I am currently at this workshop, and am finding it very informative. I had some prior knowledge about the book, series and website, but feel so much more informed now. I feel confident to take this back to my school and share it with collegues and students.

--
Jacqui

9/06/2011 1:52:17 PM

bharr
The conference workshop on My Place has been fantastic. It has opened many new learning opportunities to introduce into the classroom. The visual slides and access to created teaching activities to sit alongside the visual media will be a great benefit in our classroom.

9/06/2011 1:52:50 PM

inara
Have just been introduced to this rescource at the BLAST conference and can"t wait to take it back to the classroom!!

9/06/2011 1:56:21 PM

debbie
I certainly agree. There is so much valuable information and resources available through this site that can used in a range of ways and through a variety of KLAs. Thanks! Well worth the day.

9/06/2011 1:59:40 PM

Terri
I have used the My Place series and resources after being introduced to this fantastic series at last year's Blast! conference. This is fantastic resource for teachers. I can't wait for the second series to come out so I can continue my own "My Place" journey

Home » What’s On? » Blast! 2011: My Place Pre-conference Workshop

Australian Childrens Television Foundation Education Services Australia The Learning Federation