My Place

Our place forum

username:
password:
| lost password | register

Home » Talking My Place » Episode 1 | 2008 : Laura

5/03/2010 10:07:05 AM

Administrator
Laura accidentally sinks a dinghy in the canal and the ashes of the owner’s beloved dog are lost in the muddle. She can't find a way to own up. Meanwhile, her mob get together to listen to the Prime Minister's apology to Indigenous people.

What are your thoughts on this episode?

permalink • reply with quote
10/08/2010 12:19:06 PM

TaniaS
Not only a great episode to use to generate discussion about the Prime Minister's Apology. Use this episode to talk with your students about the the value of integrity and being honest, particularly when that honesty may prove costly for yourself.

10/08/2010 12:26:25 PM

Roxanne
Also the relationship between the two girls is fun and the students enjoy watching the ashes being emptied. They enjoy having the knowledge of what is in the urn and are sympathetic to what is going to happen to the girls before they do.

10/08/2010 12:48:56 PM

MichelleS
Students in my class (12 yr olds) viewed Ep 1 last and so waited in great anticipation for this one as they viewed others. They were thrilled to hear and see the Prime Minister Kevin Rudd making 'The Apology' as they clearly remembered this event in history. LOVE the ABC3My Place website too especially 'interactive' games to play on our IWB.

Location specific post: view location

14/10/2010 5:45:59 PM

Donna
I am having difficulty downloading the series. It keeps coming up with error. Please help

Home » Talking My Place » Episode 1 | 2008 : Laura

Australian Childrens Television Foundation Education Services Australia The Learning Federation